Subframe build and adaptor plate mods

When I got the new motor and powerglide, I decided I wanted to put it as far under the tunnel as I could make it fit. This would free up alot of extra space under the hood so I wouldn’t have to worry too much about fitting the batteries.  I knew I would have to…

Resuming the Build

Well, Im sure many have forgotten about this project, due to how long it has been. Years back, when a123 fell apart, I lost the ambition to finish the car without a cell that was going to give me the performance I wanted. The car got stored in the shed, and the frame ended up…

EVVette in storage…

Well last night I move the center section of the body of the Corvette from the garage to the shed for the winter. I had to wait for the cold weather to freeze the ground enough to be able to get the frame dolly across the front lawn to the shed. It had been between…

Down to the Frame

Well Its been way too long… I have been on vacation for half the month and during that was a trip to Carlisle PA for the yearly Corvettes at Carlisle car show. Over 4000 corvettes on show. This gave us the much needed motivation to finish the car. So yesterday we cleaned the garage around…

An Awesome Weekend!

Well the show was awesome. It was a last minute decision to go on the trip, but I figure if I didn’t show the controller this year, there would be that many more people that wouldn’t know about he open source motor controller project. So on thursday night, I took the controller out of the…

Slow Progress…

Well here is a small update on the lack of progress. We have decided to change around what we will be using for parts. Since my last post, Netgain has released a new motor called the Warp 11HV. The HV stands for High Voltage if you didn’t figure it out. This motor will run up…

In Need of an Update

WOW, I am really bad at keeping blogs up to date. A lot and little have happened over the past 2 months. This might be a little choppy, its made up mostly of forum posts. So the car got put on jack stands last night and we set into the underside. We unbolted the exhaust…